When Denver area residents find themselves in need of roof leak repair, Craftech Roofing is ready to uncover the problem and able to help you fix it fast. As a leading roofing contractor, our experienced crew can handle all of your roofing repair needs.
Roof Leak Detection
Sometimes roof leaks are pretty obvious. At other times it may take a little investigation to get leaks fixed. Roof leak detection can be tricky for anyone but a trained roof investigation technician.
Here are some key signs that your roof is leaking somewhere.
- Water Stains Or Moisture On Your Ceiling Or Walls
- Dripping Sounds During Storms
- Moisture Spots Near The Roof On The Outside Of The House
- Missing Shingles
- A Musty Smell In The Attic
- Mold On The Walls Or Ceiling, Inside Or Outside
If you start noticing signs of a possible problem, if there has recently been a storm with hail or strong winds, or if anything (branches, rocks, debris) has fallen onto your roof, you should consider an inspection by our professional roofing contractors.
We can perform an inspection, find even hidden problems, and take care of roof leak repairs before they become a larger and more expensive property damage problem.
Common Problems For Leaky Roofs
If a large branch, rock, or other heavy object hits your roof, or if there has recently been hail or strong winds, damage may not be surprising. But sometimes finding your roof leaking can be a very unwelcome surprise.
There are many pretty common reasons that your roof may have started leaking.
- Age – Your roof materials deteriorate and become less effective with time and exposure. Temperature fluctuations and bad weather conditions can lead to brittle and cracked roofing materials. Direct sunlight can melt the tar that seals your shingles together.
- Storm Damage – Large limbs, hail, flying debris, and strong winds can all wreak havoc on your roof and shingles leaving you in need of emergency roof repairs.
- Roof Vents, Flashing & Ridge Caps – These are all crucial aspects of your home or business roofing. It’s not uncommon for water to work its way into your home or commercial buildings, especially in these areas. If shifting occurs, a nail becomes loose, or the seal around them is old and cracked, you can end up with a slow roof leak that you may not notice right away.
- Debris & Gutter Backups – If your gutters need cleaning, they will slow down rainwater as it tries to drain, causing it to back up and sit on the roof. This encourages moisture to leak through. Debris such as twigs, leaves, and pine needles can cause the same issue as well as make your gutters even dirtier.
- Holes – It may sound like a no brainer, but when you have items mounted on your roof like antennas and satellite dishes, there are often holes left behind when those items shift or are removed. If the remaining holes are not sealed, you may find water slowly leaking into your attic.
Should I Repair Or Replace My Roof?
At Craftech Roofing, we are able to perform most roof repairs by first identifying what is causing your leak. Professionally applied sealants or new shingle installation will oftentimes do the trick. At other times, it is necessary to replace the whole roof. This is usually the case if there is extensive damage or if the roof’s age has led to a breakdown in the quality of the roofing materials.
A new roof should last for 12- 30 years depending on the materials used. Letting us detect problems early, and regularly take care of gutter cleaning maintenance, can extend the life of your roof and protect it from leaks.
Your Denver Roof Leak Repair Company
It’s important to get roof leaks repaired quickly. The longer they are allowed to remain, the worse they will get, and the more water damage the leak will cause. If you are worried about a leaky roof or suspect it’s time for roofing repair or replacement in Denver, contact us at Craftech Roofing for your free estimate today.